Friday, December 22, 2006

Liferay people...

I've now received correspondence from several people at Liferay, including some senior individuals who were keen to help out, as well as the Liferay employee who offered, in a comment on this site, to facilitate some fixes . I also had a fix for the Document Library error via my post on the support site (LEP-1814 for those who are interested) which I've now applied and this worked - NB I stopped Liferay; applied fix, started Liferay using the Webmin console on our VPS at Rimu.

I have now spoken directly to the folks at Liferay and we have discussed the idea that the Trust will invest a very small amount in consultancy to be sure that the we have a solid installation, if there is any spare time we might get some nice-too-haves too! Watch this space! Liferay is a business not a charity so I think its good of them to consider small "projects" like this one; having worked in IT projects & support for so long I can appreciate the management overhead just for setting up a new customer...

No comments: